5.16.2009

Saturday BBQ

I have been learning in this season to hold both pain and joy simultaneously. And my friends Megan and Catherine make life so much sweeter and joyous. I feel like God carefully hand-picked these woman to love me during this hard time, and they are ideal friends in many ways: they live a short walk away from us, they have kids close to Clay's age, they love Jesus, they are Americans, we love to hang out daily and never get tired of each other, we truly connect, and I am always laughing with them. My out of town girlfriends are dear to my heart, but God knew I also needed day to day companions.

I'm not sure why we buy our kids toys. An old tire we found in our backyard kept Cora, Charlotte, and Clay happily entertained for an hour. Most of all they enjoyed rolling the tire down the hill at us, and I love the look on their faces as they watched it roll and us jump out of the way.






No comments: