5.12.2009

Friends

I know I tend to hyperbolize, but this really has been one of the best weeks of my life. And sadly I don't have many pictures to show it. On Thursday we went out with Paige and Sean in Seattle, along with my brother Dave and Heather. Paige is one of my Westmont friends, and Sean is one my brother's Westmont friends, and we set them up on a blind date last summer and now they are in love. This was our first time seeing them together, and the 6 of us had a super fun night.

On Friday we had a game night with four of our favorite Vancouver friends, and a merry time was had by all :). We played Pick Two, which was so fun that I ordered it off Amazon the next morning. Hopefully it will be as fun without the Sangria.

On Saturday Justin took Clay out and gave me the morning to myself - how wonderful! And in the evening we had a mini-picnic at a nearby park with the Jenkins. The picture of Cora and Clay on the log reminds me of the novel Bridge to Terabithia. And they were so happy waving their magic sticks.

On Sunday we went on a family bike ride around False Creek. As we returned home, we were surprised by Dave and Christine, some of our dear Westmont/Regent friends who now live in Oregon. We had an awesome evening together having dinner and catching up. And we spent most of today with them too.

Connecting with friends, old and new, has to be one of God's most beautiful gifts. I am grateful!

No comments: